New Mexico

 

Old Duncan Fire Truck

Woke up this morning to 38F. It was on the chilly side and even with my 20F sleeping bag I had my bike tights and two long sleeves on to stay warm.  Brian’s rear tire had gone flat overnight - the culprit was found to be a - you guessed it- goathead thorn. After Brian fixed out we warmed up with coffee and a pancake breakfast at Hildi’s Restaurant a block from the city park.

So the flat tire  contest is tightening up- 6 for me and 4 for Brian.

My air mattress with the patch held air longer- but I still had to blow up up once at night. I’ll stick it in the tub tonight and try again.


The New Mexico Border!

The big news is that we crossed the New Mexico State line and almost as important we will get sunset a bit later. The ride today was pretty non-descript- sagebrush with mountains in the distance. I do not remember the road turning at all between Duncan and Lordsburg. Lordsburg is pretty much there because of Interstate 10 - I’d skip the exit is you were ever passing by.

Tomorrow we are going to Hachita - this will give us a more southerly route to El Paso via Columbus. Should be about 55 miles.

Today we did a short 36.5 miles with 922 feet of climbing. Trip Total is now 642 miles.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Tier- the hard part is getting there

supposed to be easy…

The Rack-Cident