Anyone Lose a Garmin eTrex10?

 




After a quick oatmeal and coffee breakfast we headed east - it was about 50 degF so we were wearing tights, long sleeves, etc.

First stop was for a “real” breakfast in Pima. My burrito had chorizo, egg, and potatoes in it and weighed about 2 pounds. It stayed with me for the next 30 miles. That’s all I’ll say about that!

We finished the day in Duncan after a long but fairly gentle climb and a 9 miles descent for a total of 68 miles. 

The high point of the ride was a Garmin eTrex 10 that I found along the road. Cool! I will see if Garmin can locate the owner by its serial number when I get home.

I had to Re-inflate my mattress pad 3 times last night, each time after sleeping on the rocky ground for an hour or so. Once we arrived in Duncan I went to the tire shop next to the city park we’re camping in and found the pinhole leak by dipping it in their water tank. Peanut, the shop owner, was most helpful. Opening the previously used tube of repair cement- you guessed it- it had solidified. So I used the glue from my trusty tire patch kit. We’ll see how that goes. See the picture of the goat head thorn stuck to my finger- this is the likely culprit!


Goat Head Thorn

Best scenery of the day was going over the ridge separating Safford from Duncan- saw a beautiful valley leading to the north.






Tomorrow we head to Lordsburg and then maybe on to Silver City. The smart money says to rest the legs!

Today: 70.5 miles, total 605.2 miles




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Tier- the hard part is getting there

supposed to be easy…

The Rack-Cident